Parmesan Zucchini Rounds2020-05-02
“The first zucchini I ever saw I killed it with a hoe.” – John Gould
Only in the last several years after realizing the delicious taste of baked yellow squash did I realize how easy it was to do something similar with zucchini squash only after slicing it into rounds. This has now become one of our favorite sides and I am ashamed to admit how easy it is to prepare and cook so I maintain it as a secret family recipe … until now, that is!
2 medium zucchini (sliced into 1/4″ to 3/8″ rounds)
1 T olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Salad Supreme seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil and set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the zucchini into 1/4″ to 3/8″ rounds/
- In a zip-lock plastic bag, toss the zucchini rounds with the EVOO, seasonings and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the rounds flat on the baking sheet and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until cheese is browning.